Monday, February 27, 2012

Crazy money saving lady

Thanks for the guest post by Esteban Vinson
I know that my kids think I am crazy when we are at the store and they ask me a price on something and I tell them to figure it out themselves. I never want to tell them how much something would be with the listed percentage discountbecause I want them to be able to do that kind of quick math in their heads. When I was a child my mom would quiz me on what is twenty five percent off of this dress and how much would fifteen percent of these shoes be? I took her money savings skills and turned them in to my own and made them work for my family. One place that I really enjoy saving money is on my utility bills. There are several things you can do to lower your energy costs. The main one is to use less energy than you normally would but the other thing you can do is check with you Texas Electricity Providers to find out if they will let you lock in a rate instead of keeping the standard rate.

No comments: